Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA) can result in a variety of injuries and symptoms, and even a minor MVA can have major effects on your health. Many symptoms may take weeks or months to manifest. It is easy to be fooled into thinking that you are not as injured as you really are. The sooner treatment is started in relation to the accident the quicker the recovery. The Most Common Injury from MVA’s is Whiplash. The culprit of your pain from whiplash is injury to the ligaments, soft tissue, and discs of the neck/spine from the body’s reaction to a deceleration or acceleration force.
How We Treat?
After a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA), your body goes into “protection mode” and your joints and muscles get stiff. It’s vital to relax your body back to normal as quickly as possible to prevent long-term pain. The injury to the soft tissues can create scar tissue. While necessary for healing, scar tissue may attach to a nearby structure, restricting the range of motion and may cause compression over nerves or blood vessels.
Our MVA treatments include:
- Active Release Techniques® (ART®)
- Tool assisted soft tissue techniques
- Kinesio Taping®
- Rehab exercises in combination with Chiropractic Adjustment & Passive Therapies to improve joint motion, decrease tissue. This helps maximize the patient’s long-term results.
From Your Consultation and Exam Findings, We Will Determine:
- The estimated number of treatments you will need.
- If referral to another medical specialist is required.
- If additional imaging is needed (MRI, CT Scan, etc).
- If you need a medical leave from work or if you have any limitations.