- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
What Is Kinesio Tape®?
The Kinesio Taping® Method is a definitive rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion. It also provides extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy when administered within the clinical setting. Developed by Dr. Kenzo Kase over 25 years ago, the tape has the same elasticity as healthy human muscle and lifts the skin microscopically. In recent years, professional and amateur sports teams have utilized this cutting-edge technique because it supports the problem area, promotes healing, and allows proper drainage of toxins while allowing full range of motion to speed up recovery, unlike traditional braces which restrict full movement. Big name athletes such as Lance Armstrong, Olympian Kerri Walsh, Serena Williams, and many more are embracing the power of Kinesio Taping.
How Does Kinesio Tape® Work?
- It works like having an extra thin layer of muscle for support.
- Creates micro folds on the skin allowing more space between skin and fascia for your body fluid to move faster
- Applying different amounts of direction/tension will relax/stimulate muscles.
- Will not limit your range of motion.